JSCC 2nd ANNUAL WRITING COMPETITION
March 1, 2019 – March 23, 2019
Formatting and Submission Guidelines
3) Poetry (one poem, 50-line max.)
You may submit no more than one (1) entry in each category.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME or any personal identifying information on your entry
- Students may submit entries for all three genres, but these must be entirely different entries.
- Citation Styles: APA, MLA, Chicago and (other)
- May include papers submitted in academic year of Fall 2018 or Spring 2019
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Indent each paragraph
- Margins: 1” each side (this is the default in Microsoft Word 2013)
- Title of entry on first page, 4 single lines, and then text of entry document in the following: Fiction, Non-fiction and Poetry (one poem, 50 – line max.
- Each entry can be no more than 4 pages
- genre: either fiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry
- Grammar and spell check each entry
(All entries must be submitted online)
All websites, articles, images, videos, etc., linked on this site are provided for informational purposes only. External content is not maintained by James Sprunt Community College, nor does it represent the views of the College or its employees. Please notify the library staff if you have concerns about linked content. Students are expected to evaluate all web and print resources and to determine their appropriate academic uses. A hyperlink to a resource or article from these LibGuides does not constitute an endorsement of that resource or article by the library.